hypertext may as well not have been invented

I went to a post office and paid to redirect my post from a family member's address, who hosts my UK mail address, to my Guernsey office.

I've done this maybe 4 times before since leaving the UK, and it's always worked fine.  This time, all post for the address got redirected, not just for me, even tho that's not how I filled in the form.  Royal Mail make themselves almost impossible to contact, but I completed some online "contact form".  Got no email acknowledgement.  Sent two items in the post, one should be redirected, the other delivered as addressed, wrote clear notes to this effect on the fronts of the envelopes.  Both got delivered instead of one.  Now, none of my post is being redirected, but at least the householder is receiving their post.

Apparently there is a "dedicated redirection contact form".  Okay, under this dialog the page navigates to the redirection contact form.  But I was hovering over "dedicated redirection form" text for ages thinking: if anything ought to be a hyperlink, it's this.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

easyjet: repeated entry of information they already have

Guernsey Waste in incorrect bag-rejection horror May 6th, 2024