Düsseldorf train station: lack of signage

I had a 12 minute connection in Düsseldorf, but only just made it.  I couldn't find a departure screen / board.

Why does every platform not have a general departure board?  People get off one train, and have to make a connection.  They need to go where to go next.

Lacking this, I went down a level, to a big under-level where you can go up to all the platforms.  Illustration:




But again, no departure board.  Each platform has a specific screen by it, showing departures from that platform:

I guess there was probably a general board by the entrance around platform 1.  It's big, so a round trip to there and back would cause a lot of connections to be missed.  Why not have general departure boards around and about in the underground hall, too?

I must admit, I don't really understand what these Germans are all about, or what their thing is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

Guernsey Waste in incorrect bag-rejection horror May 6th, 2024