kraken: what happened to old deposit addresses for monero?

I just tried sending 6 XMR to my Kraken deposit address, that I have used many times over the years.

So far, it hasn't appeared.

So I went to Transfer -> Deposit to check they still have the same deposit address for me, which I carefully recorded in my own records years ago, and have used many times since.

Look what I got:



There is a contradiction here between "you need to generate a deposit address to make your first Monero deposit to Kraken" and the "Recent transactions" shown below, all to my long-standing deposit address.

So, what has happened to the monero I just sent to my long-standing deposit address?  And why have Kraken broken the deposit address?  This is serious.  Funding addresses on these accounts are like account numbers: people send money to them.  A service provider can't just disappear them.

Luckily it was for a small amount this time.  Because Kraken have visibly messed up their web site and service so badly, I had the heebie-jeebies about using it, and wanted to try it out on a smaller amount, before continuing my Monero liquidation in bigger tranches again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

7 minute workout: a straightforward audio recording (and two broken google web sites)