emirates still not very good at selling tickets

In my previous article "emirates unable to sell tickets" [0], I documented how Emirates is implementing industry best practice, by have a ticket-sale-like web process which ends in an error page instead of a ticket sale.

[0] <https://wibblement.blogspot.com/2024/01/erimates-unable-to-sell-tickets.html>

In the end, I got a confirmation email for a flight booking from them, and the funds are pending on my credit card.  So the sale did go thru.  On average, this is worse than the sale failing.  I could have gone straight from their error page to trying to book with another airline, and ended up with two bookings.  Or changed my plans altogether, and had a booking to cancel.  The email could easily have not arrived, because that's what email does.  In this case, it's worked out okay.

So I went to book the journey back.  This time, after several petty errors, their web page hung indefinitely on "Saving your seat selection".  As usual, a lot more effort has been put into the animation that happens while the thing doesn't work, than into making the thing work.  In this case, there is a beautiful animation with three planes.  Their arcs suggest a globe.


For some reason, I thought Emirates was going to be better than other airlines.  When it comes to online ticket sales, they are just as bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

7 minute workout: a straightforward audio recording (and two broken google web sites)