google is giving more and more 500 errors

Total state capture and moral bankruptcy are not the only problems facing Google.  They are also giving an increasing rate of 500 Internal Server errors.  This is the sort that means they've messed up, but not in a way that they should have messed up.  On the other hand, they have drawn a lovely picture of a robot falling apart.


Today's example is from Google Calendar under calendar.google.com.  I was trying to make an appointment, and now I'm doing this.

I remember, in 2018, a friend trying to convince me that 500 Internal Server Errors no longer happened, or if they did it was my fault, and that they hadn't seen any for years, and some other things.  They assured me that they would love to see screenshots of such a rare specimen, which I bored them with for a while.  That friend happens to be a Google employee.

Well, there are plenty of others posting about Google Calendar on twitter today, including screenshots of 500 Internal Server errors, so I doubt this one is entirely my fault.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

7 minute workout: a straightforward audio recording (and two broken google web sites)