petty scam in a petrol station in england

Wine had reduced sticker on, from 8.30 GBP to 6 GBP.

Bought fuel, wine, and a couple of other bits and pieces.  Paid the total by card without doing exact calculation.  Asked for receipt.

Cashier handed me receipt.  As I walked away, I looked at it, but the receipt was only for the fuel, not the whole transaction.  I asked for one showing everything.  The wine was 8.30 GBP.  I pointed out the reduction.  He hit a couple of buttons and gave me 2.30 GBP.  No apology.

What are the odds that, if I hadn't noticed, he'd have hit the same buttons and pocketed the 2.30 GBP?

Britain has becomes an extremely low-trust society, where people engage in petty scamming by default.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

Guernsey Waste in incorrect bag-rejection horror May 6th, 2024