barclays code 30180

 I logged into Barclays and tried to make a EUR payment.  I got this error:




I called the number suggested, but instead of being a specific number for resolving this issue, it was a very general Barclays number.  I then got batted around several hellish voice robots before being put on hold indefinitely (I'm currently on hold).

What are the odds that "we are currently experiencing technical difficulties" is an accurate description of the issue.

Searching the web for barclays code 30180, I came across one hypothesis that it can be caused by pasting in an IBAN instead of typing it manually.  For the time being, it's best if I interpret this as a joke, but I will bear it in mind as a possibility.

There's also the possibility that it's over some limit.  It was for 25k EUR.

Note that the assumption is that the error message doesn't describe the issue, and that you have to guess in the dark about possible reasons.

None of this shit works.  It really doesn't.

Got thru at last.  SMS code.  There is an issue.  They have to speak to a colleague.  Where's it to?  What's it for?

I have now spent the whole morning just trying to push through two relatively small payments with two banks.  It is now the afternoon.  This is supposed to be the infrastructure that enables other things.  It does not work.

It just seems, just a technical error, but I'm going to see what I can do.

Places me on hold again.  Call duration now 23:22.

They came back at 28:00 to tell me they're still there, which was nice of them, and I'm back on hold.

I've now been logged out of the online banking automatically.

According to the employee at around 30:00, they are indeed experiencing a temporary online banking technical issue.  I should try again later, or go into a branch.

This is normal, in the middle of the working day, on a Monday, for a major bank to simply not be working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

Guernsey Waste in incorrect bag-rejection horror May 6th, 2024