Interrail: unable to sell seat reservations due to user journey loop

 As I approach Paris, Interrail has entered a new and exciting failure mode:


I appear to be logged in, and a search for the route even brought up some results.  I click on "Book Reservation".  I get to step 2/2, which sounds promising:



One the one hand, this shows some of my details, providing further assurance that I'm logged in.  On the other hand, given that I only have one "trip" on my Interrail account, why does Interrail obsessively make me remind them which one of my one "trip"s I want to do things with, including every time I want to do anything with the app, including show my pass to a ticket inspector?  But more importantly on that other hand, clicking "Done" here does not go from step 2/2 to some kind of let's do this payment screen, but instead goes back to a screen just like the top screenshot of this post, which they entitle "Book Reservations", and which one might dub "step 1/2" to emphasise the incorrect nature of the cycle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

Guernsey Waste in incorrect bag-rejection horror May 6th, 2024