easyjet bad online checkin, bad delay

In a previous episode [0], I bought an Easy Jet ticket.

[0] <https://wibblement.blogspot.com/2022/08/easyjet-still-unable-to-sell-tickets.html>

Online checkin worked, but was bad.  Searching for easyjet checkin initially brought up a page about checking in where "app" was a link to an app, but "on the web" was not a link at all.

Taking a different route in, I got to the online checkin page.

At one point I thought I had another fake button, but it was just refusing to submit a form because I hadn't ticked a box.  There was no indication that that was the reason. If the web had been designed properly, it would not be possible to be in such a situation.

I had to say no to adding bags, many times.

The resulting PDF was sort of printable.  When I sent it to the printer, I had to confirm on the printer's screen to use paper from its tray.  This usually happens when a PDF is in legal (Markin) size instead of A4.  Are Easy Jet producing non-A4 PDFs?  I'll have to look at the file again when I have time.

There were half a dozen or so other minor issues with the process, which it would be in the airline's interest to fix.

The runway was almost visible when I set off to the airport on my bike.



I left the bike at a small bike parking by the airport.  I'll see if it's still there when I get back.  I cycled all the way with the motor off, so that there's a chance of having the juice to get up the mountain when I get back.  I also left an Ortileb panier and a nice metal water bottle on it.  What's the probability of it all remaining there, if it's left for, say, 10 days?




The plane is delayed by at least 2 hours.  Cue jokes from fellow travellers about congestion at INN (there are around 3 passenger flights today in total).  

It hadn't taken off from LGW by the time we were supposed to depart from INN.  At 16:15 (scheduled departure: 16:10) it's going to depart from London "soon".  They give us some refreshments voucher.  It's better than BA, who take your money, fail to fly you, and refuse to man their service desks.




The voucher is for 4.5 EUR(2022).  For those reading from the future, this is enough for one drink.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

7 minute workout: a straightforward audio recording (and two broken google web sites)