Eurotards check each others' papers more than dogs check each others' arses

The pandemic has brought a renaissance of papers-please in Europe.  It's not so much that Eurotards love checking each others' papers, although they do.  It's more that it's an element of their archetype of interaction.  Just as normal people naturally start an interaction with greetings and pleasantries, or dogs naturally start an interaction with sniffing each others' arses, so Eurotards start an interaction by checking each others' papers.
 
Two weeks ago, I was prevented from entering the main train station in Ljubljana by a chap who actually said "covid papers please".  Those were his exact words, and his first words, once he realised I didn't understand Slovene.  I did not have my covid papers on me.  He asked me to leave the station.  I was trying to buy a ticket for the next day, and the next day I came with papers, but jesus fuck, I would not have been able to travel.  This well after omicron is over 99% of new cases, and any sensible countries have ended restrictions.  Even Impfphlichted Austria never required covid papers for using public transport or entering a station.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

7 minute workout: a straightforward audio recording (and two broken google web sites)