Interactive Brokers scammers corporate identity

Previously, in [0], I sadly noted the need to take action against Interactive Brokers for not honoring a withdrawal request of my funds, due to their wilfull failure to authenticate me.

[0] <https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/3352794691445397639/9016264402316625710>

I looked at a recent statement and their address is given as:

Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Ltd., Level 20 Heron Tower, 110 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AY, UK. Regulated by FCA

Despite being resident in Austria, I'm willing to take action against their London presence, which in any case they give as their international subsidiary.  I may also enquire, from the Austrian regulator, whether they are required to have an EU presence to serve EU-resident customers.

Checking this on Companies House, there is indeed a company, with number 03958476, called "INTERACTIVE BROKERS (U.K.) LIMITED", with registered office address Level 20 Heron Tower, 110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY.

 

This is a good start.  This entity will get the demand, and be the subject of my complaint to the FCA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the persistent idiocy of "privileged ports" on Unix

google is giving more and more 500 errors

7 minute workout: a straightforward audio recording (and two broken google web sites)